- broomstick hockey (ask Scouts to bring their own, different sizes adds more challenge, for some at least)
- athletics – track: 100m; 100m relay; 200m; 400m; 400m relay; 1500 m etc. etc.
- athletics – field: shot putt (we did individual and team medals (average))
- swimming pool: backstroke; breaststroke; front crawl; relay etc. (we also split ages for some – older/younger Scouts)
- swimming pool: diving (from the edge of pool, no splash, best looking entry etc.)
- swimming pool: synchronised swimming (took some rehearsals on a weekend camp, but they loved it (so did lifeguards!)- one team even brought costumes along) better with loud music
- basketball (we gave individual medals as well)
- standing long jump (we split into ages individual and team medals also)
- rifle shooting
- real hockey
Other events we didn’t get round to:
- water polo
- beach volleyball (it was rained off)
We awarded a fantastic prize for the winning team and kept a tally of medals on the noticeboard and website. Events were organised on camps and normal Scout evenings. If a full team wasn’t present, tough, event carried on anyway.